Given recent happenings in the United States and around the globe, the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public Affairs Public Service Weekend will explore “The Right to Freedom, Safety, and Health: Transformative Public Leadership to Ensure Domestic and Global Human Rights ”. This includes key issues such as environmental justice, race equity, housing disparities, and much more.
When: Friday, October 11 – Sunday, October 13, 2019
Where: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Policy Issue Breakout Sessions
- Human Rights Organization Panel
- Human Rights Keynote Dinners
- Public Speaking/Speech writing Workshop
- Current Student/PPIA Alum Panels
Who should apply?
- Current undergrad students at a regionally accredited 2 or 4 year institution in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Iowa.
- Preference will be given to first-year students and sophomores.
- Traditionally underrepresented students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Housing will be provided for students from outside the Twin Cities Metro. Transportation credits of up to $50 are available for students traveling from outside the Twin Cities Metro.
Deadline: September 12, 2019 at 11:59PM EST