Join the PPIA Board of Directors
The Public Policy and International Affairs Program is seeking interested candidates for board positions for the Board of Directors. Applicants should be committed to PPIA’s mission to cultivate the next generations of diverse public service and international affairs professionals by investing in their education, essential skills, and networks to effect domestic and global change.
Please review the position description below to learn more. If you’re interested in applying, please fill out the PPIA PPIA Board of Directors Application.
The PPIA Board of Directors is composed of dynamic leaders nationally. Directors promote the mission of PPIA by providing strategic guidance, serving on committees, ensuring financial resources, and acting as ambassadors for PPIA with institutional and graduate school partners, PPIA alumni, and our community of support. Board members volunteer their time, talent, and resources to assist in building PPIA to reach its full potential.
Board members commit approximately 5-10 hours a month. Virtual Board meetings occur quarterly, and committees are expected to meet separately monthly. Board members are encouraged to attend the board’s annual planning retreat and one in-person meeting (typically in Washington, DC). Members serve a 3-year term and are eligible to renew their service.
Qualifications That Make a Good Board Member
- Interest in education, diversity, equity, inclusion, alumni engagement, leadership development, and giving back to PPIA;
- Strategic thinker who is willing to help to guide a growing nonprofit organization.
- Team-oriented work style and strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
Benefits of Joining
- Network with policy schools, alumni, partners, and board members;
- Increase engagement and awareness among systematically excluded groups in public service;
- Support PPIA to increase the visibility of the organization and alumni and help to build national exposure;
- Be part of a national movement to cultivate the most diverse cadre of talent committed to public service.
- Deadline to apply | Rolling application
- Applications reviewed | Monthly
- PPIA Board of Directors votes on candidates | Monthly
- New Board Members notified and announced | Within 3 months of their application
Nominate an Alumi
Consider nominating an alum to apply for the PPIA Board of Directors. PPIA staff will follow up with them directly to ask them to apply.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about PPIA, please email email@example.com.