Ensuring Accountability and Integrity – Public Service as a Force for Positive Change
Challenge and prepare yourself to change the world by attending this exciting weekend conference hosted by the University at Albany’s nationally ranked Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy! You will learn from and interact with prominent local, state and federal officials and gain a better understanding of career options in public service and the knowledge and skills needed to get you to where you want to be.
When: Friday, October 25- Sunday, October 27, 2019
Where: Albany, New York
- Challenge yourself; change the world: panels on effectuating change and confronting complex policy issues led by public policy and nonprofit leaders and faculty experts.
- Learn about working as an advocate for social change, using data to inform policy-making, differentiating good sources of information from fake news, confronting public policy and global challenges in a divided country, and more!
- Keynote speeches from prominent individuals: hear about the difference between public service and partisan politics, the ethics of being a public servant, finding fulfillment in your work and the perseverance needed to achieve your goals.
- Learn by doing: work with a team to develop a solution to a current real-world policy challenge
- Professional development sessions on professional etiquette, networking, resume writing and interviewing.
- Social events including a tour of the state capitol, and group meals with students, alumni and elected officials.
Who should apply?
- This conference seeks applicants who are currently enrolled in or are recent graduates of bachelor degree programs and are motivated to get the knowledge and skills to make a difference in the world.
- Undergraduate sophomores through recent graduates (1 year) with an interest in public policy and working in the public sector, both domestically and abroad.
- Traditionally underrepresented students are encouraged to apply.
- All majors are welcome!
Transportation and Housing
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from the conference. Participating students are eligible to receive up to $50 to help supplement the cost of their travel to and from Albany, NY.
- Housing will be provided for participants at a local hotel, however, students will be required to pay for parking, if needed, and any incidental room expenses.
Deadline: Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 11:59PM EST
(Click above and register an account or log into an existing account to submit your application)